Irvine Company Apartment Communities is hiring Porters!
Irvine Company Apartment Communities (ICAC) is one of the nation’s largest and most admired owners and operators of high-quality apartment communities.
With over 50,000 apartment homes throughout 129 properties, ICAC’s portfolio includes 16 communities throughout San Diego County; 97 properties in Orange County, with a majority situated in the highly popular central Orange County cities of Newport Beach, Irvine and Tustin Ranch. ICAC has one ultra luxury ocean-front property in Santa Monica, and 15 communities situated in prime locations throughout Silicon Valley.
With world-class amenities, resort-like surroundings and an unparalleled commitment to customer service, Irvine Company Apartment Communities has redefined the rental-living experience, reflected in the ICAC motto: “Love Where You Live®.”
Porter Position Summary:
The Porter position supports building maintenance and landscape efforts to maintain the community in a clean and orderly condition. The position requires high customer service to support the community with attracting and retaining residents.
- Perform work using safe work practices. Ensure completion of safety training and actively investigate and mitigate risks.
- Maintain company standards with respect to cleanliness, community appearance, and customer service.
- Provide assistance to the maintenance and landscape staff when requested.
- Contribute to the achievement of occupancy goals by cleaning vacant apartments and common areas daily and reporting any maintenance repairs as required.
- Responsible for the maintenance upkeep of various community amenities as assigned by the Community/Service Manager.
- Deliver packages, notes, letters and flyers to occupied apartments.
- Complete full/partial paint jobs of units as needed; Paint curbs, touch up walls or fences.
- Clean BBQ’s which entails assembling and disassembling, utilizing BBQ cleaners, and scrubbing BBQ’s.
- Pick up loose mail, trash, debris, and disposing of it appropriately.
- Thoroughly clean (e.g., wipe down, scrub, dust, sweep, mop, vacuum), restock supplies and clear trash from assigned areas inside of and outside of the community buildings as well as the community grounds.
- Ability to use approved chemicals/cleaning solutions and read an SDS sheet.
- Report safety or defect issues to management. Examples:
- Defective equipment, furniture, and light fixtures
- Any items left in carport area or other common areas
- Natural gas smell near BBQ areas, in kitchens or any other locations within the community
- Community defects or potential safety issues (i.e. cracked walkways, and stucco)
- Deodorize trash bins, dumpsters & dumpster area, apartments, and bathrooms, as needed.
- Check for burnt out lights and replace any bulbs around and in the buildings, as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to interact effectively with management, co-workers, visitors, and residents
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work weekends or as needed
- Ability to read/speak/write English language proficiently
- Basic computer knowledge (email, and internet browser)
- Prior janitorial experience a plus
What Sets Us Apart
- Impeccable design, thoughtful attention to detail, and continuous reinvestment means the highest level of value and vitality to the greater community
- Renown for luxurious, resort-style amenities and exquisite landscaping
- Residents enjoy access to outstanding schools, shopping centers, job centers, and outdoor activities
- Nationally acclaimed customer service
- Choices to fit every lifestyle and budget, from value-oriented to ultra-luxury
The Irvine Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.