Island Hotel Newport Beach, a luxury coastal hotel in the heart of Newport Beach, is celebrating Valentine’s Day with romantic room and spa packages, a four-course dinner and the ever decadent Cocoa Lounge dessert buffet.
With stunning ocean views, Island Hotel Newport Beach is the perfect place to celebrate the most passionate of holidays with a gourmet meal, evening away or pampered weekend getaway.
“This is a chance to showcase how romantic Island Hotel Newport Beach is,” General Manager Donald Stamets said. “Guests can enjoy a sensuous weekend complete with an elegant meal, a lavish dessert bar and spa treatments that you will fall in love with. Cupid himself would be in awe.”
Started in 2009, the Cocoa Lounge is a unique dessert buffet in a setting adorned with decorative chocolate showpieces and emotive decor. Located in the private dining room of the Palm Terrace Restaurant, this year’s Cocoa Lounge takes on a bright, modern feel with the glow of romance, according to Andy de la Cruz, assistant pastry chef.
“People look forward to Cocoa Lounge every year,” he said. “They want to know what we are going to do next.”
This year’s Cocoa Lounge includes specialty pastries, tarts, truffles, cakes, mousses and chocolate, many in bite sizes to allow for a broad sampling of treats. New this year are attended stations offering made-to-order crepes, homemade ice cream sandwiches, chocolate nachos and caramel popcorn drizzled with chocolate.
Cocoa Lounge runs from Feb. 1 to 17, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. nightly. Prices are:
- $12 per person with dinner at Palm Terrace (excluding tax and gratuity).
- $18 per person for Cocoa Lounge only.
- $50 per person, excluding tax and gratuity, with your choice of two drinks (wine, Champagne or port) or a flight (three 2-ounce tastings of wine, Champagne or port).
Valentine’s Day Dinner
From Thursday, Feb. 14, to Sunday, Feb. 17, Palm Terrace Restaurant is offering an indulgent, four-course dinner designed for you and your valentine. For $95 a person, excluding tax and gratuity, you can enjoy:
- A shared first course of oysters and clams on the half shell, crab claws, ahi poke and prawns with an assortment of sauces and mignonettes.
- A second course of spicy coconut and curry soup and green papaya salad.
- A third course duo of filet of beef with Point Reyes blue gratine on asparagus and marchand de vin sauce, along with California white seabass on caramelized tri-colored cauliflower, potato puree and brown butter.
- Dessert in the Cocoa Lounge.
Valentine’s Day Room Packages
Make the most of Valentine’s Day with a night or weekend stay at Island Hotel Newport Beach with two romance-filled packages:
The Bubbly & Extra Sweet package
- One night in a luxurious king room.
- Chocolate covered strawberries for sweet indulgences.
- A bottle of sparkling wine to celebrate.
- Complimentary valet parking for one vehicle.
Package starts at $235 per night excluding tax and gratuities and subject to availability.
A Romantic Escape at Island Hotel Newport Beach
- One night of luxurious accommodations in a deluxe executive suite.
- A four-course Valentine’s dinner for two at Palm Terrace.
- Complimentary valet parking for one vehicle.
Package starts at $349 per night excluding tax and gratuities and subject to availability.
Valentine’s Spa Treatments
The Spa at Island Hotel offers that loving feeling with a trio of treatments that allow you to pamper yourself or the one you love, topped off with Champagne and truffles:
Chocolate “Love, Me!” Pedicure
An indulgent foot treatment that starts with a Choco-holic Ice Cream bath soak followed by an aromatic Strawberry Kiwi Sherbet scrub and topped off with a Choco-holic Body Icing foot massage. A fresh coat of polish from our extensive OPI collection provides the finishing touch. $75 per person for 45 minutes, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
Rose Garden Facial
A regenerating and rejuvenating treatment for all skin types to nourish, vitalize, mineralize and increase elasticity, all while feeling pampered by organic, cleansing, handpicked red rose petals. $150 per person for 60 minutes, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
Exotic Moroccan Splendor
This luxurious, exotic body treatment uses Moroccan Rhassoul clay mined from deep within the Atlas Mountains to cleanse and detoxify while improving the skin’s clarity and elasticity. Combined with rare and exquisite Argan Oil, this treatment delivers intense hydration and reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
$240 for 90 minutes or $300 for 120 minutes, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
For more information, please call (866) 554-4620 or visit www.islandhotel.com.
About Island Hotel Newport Beach
Situated in Newport Center — the heart of Newport Beach and coastal Orange County — Island Hotel Newport Beach is a luxury coastal hotel offering breathtaking city and harbor views. Island Hotel features 295 guestrooms and suites, more than 25,000 square feet of event space, a spa, fitness center, resort-style pool and the award-winning Palm Terrace Restaurant & Lounge. Fashion Island, the area’s premier outdoor regional shopping and restaurant center, is just steps away. With 21,000 square feet of event space and the largest ballroom in the city, Island Hotel is the social center of Newport Beach, one of California’s most desirable beach cities located about 45 minutes south of Los Angeles.