Fashion Island’s newest dining destination introduces lunch and weekend brunch featuring dishes from Executive Chef Pascal Lorange such as Riviera Shrimp & Salmon Salad and Truffle Mushroom Fontina Scrambled Eggs
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., Jan. 10, 2014 — Beginning this week, Fashion Island’s newest culinary resident, the 12,000-square-foot FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach, debuts daily lunch service. Executive Chef Pascal Lorange’s signature French Riviera-inspired lunch menu (served Monday – Friday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.) includes assorted crostini, zucchini carpaccio and pasta dishes in addition to a selection of salads, panini, and grilled items, such as:
- Riviera Shrimp & Salmon Salad with tiger shrimp & gravlax marinated with dill, citrus & olive oil, shaved fennel, arugula, avocado, tomato, and scallion, served alongside toast with ricotta and citrus & cilantro olive oil dressing – Arbequina olive oil ($19)
- Rosemary Chicken Panini with Mary’s farm free range chicken served on Kenter Farm’s toasted whole wheat bread with mozzarella, artichoke, rosemary, chive, cumin, and cilantro ($14)
- Grilled Lamb on Rosemary Skewers with bell pepper, Greek yogurt, honey, couscous, fig, red onion, scallion, and tomato served alongside Koroneiki Olive Oil ($26)
Starting Saturday, January 11, diners seeking a leisurely weekend brunch can find an assortment of light morning dishes in addition to heartier lunchtime fare (served Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.). The menu features assorted breads and viennoiseries in addition to fresh items inspired by the farmer’s market and a selection of mocktails such as:
- Truffle Mushroom Fontina Scrambled Eggs with cremini & black trumpet mushrooms, mascarpone, fontina and scallion topped with white truffle olive oil ($17)
- FIG & OLIVE’s omelets with a choice of South of France (fine herbs, scallions, chives, asparagus, and goat cheese), Italian (gorgonzola, figs, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and scallions), or Spanish (chorizo, caramelized onions, potatoes, and oregano) accompaniments ($15)
- FIG & OLIVE waffle with seasonal fresh fruit, pearl sugar and vanilla whipped cream ($13)
- Spiced Orchards Mocktail with cloudy apple juice, muddled Thai basil & lemon with fresh squeezed ginger and lime juice ($9)
- Jardin de Fraises Mocktail with Kefir clover, muddled fresh strawberries and fig, clover honey, and a touch of fig balsamic ($9)
Lunch service begins Monday, January 6, 2014 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday – Friday. Weekend brunch begins Saturday, January 11 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday – Sunday. Lunch and weekend brunch menu items range from $5.50- $38. Reservations are not required for lunch, but are recommended for weekend brunch. They can be made by calling 212.924.1200 or by visiting OpenTable.
FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is located at 401 Newport Center Dr., Suite 151, Newport Beach, CA 92660. Information: 212.924.1200 or www.figandolive.com
About FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach
FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is located on 401 Newport Center Dr., Suite 151 at Fashion Island, Newport Beach, CA. The restaurant serves French Riviera-inspired fare in an approachable setting suitable for any occasion. FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach is open for dinner daily from 5 – 11 p.m. on Monday – Sunday. The restaurant is also open for lunch Monday – Sunday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. From Monday – Sunday from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. a bar & lounge menu is available. Weekend brunch is offered Saturday – Sunday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. On special holidays and private events, FIG & OLIVE’s lively ambiance is amplified with soulful house and new Downtempo music by St. Tropez‘s celebrity DJ Julien Nolan. Reservations can be made by calling 212.924.1200 and walk-ins are welcome. For more information on the restaurant, please visit www.FigandOlive.com or Facebook and Twitter.
About Fashion Island
As Orange County’s premier coastal shopping experience, Fashion Island features exclusive specialty boutiques, world-class department stores and a diverse assortment of restaurants and cafes. Visited by millions of visitors annually, Fashion Island offers a sophisticated yet relaxed, resort-like atmosphere that is distinctively Southern California, with pristine views of the Pacific Ocean.
Owned by Irvine Company, Fashion Island is home to Orange County’s only Neiman Marcus, as well as Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Bloomingdale’s Home Store and Macy’s – in addition to Orange County’s only C. Wonder, Ella Moss, Trina Turk, Vince, Joie and Halston Heritage. For more information, please visit www.ShopFashionIsland.com.