One of Southern California’s most popular shopping centers continues to grow with the addition of new retail and restaurant spaces
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif., Feb. 21, 2014 — Orange County’s ultimate retail, dining and entertainment mecca will get an all-new Irvine Improv Comedy Club and Umami Burger this spring, along with several newly built restaurants and shops.
“We’re building new retail and restaurant spaces in addition to the debut of the country’s most successful Improv Comedy Club and five new restaurants,” said Stacie Ellis, senior director of marketing for Irvine Company Retail Properties. “All of these new additions only further establish Irvine Spectrum Center as one of California’s most popular entertainment destinations – there really is something for everyone.”
The brand new restaurants and shop buildings, which will be located near Barnes & Noble, include Sports Authority, TLT Food, Lyfe Kitchen and Pho Saigon Pearl:
- Sports Authority, one of the leading retailers for brand-name sports apparel and goods, opens in November.
- Daniel Shemtob, winner of The Food Network’s Great Food Truck Challenge, is back with a new brick-and-mortar concept this fall: TLT Food. It’s a fast-casual, chef-driven dining destination with modern spins on comfort food such as blue crab grilled cheese, beef shortrib quesadilla, potato tacos, pork belly nachos, carnitas fries and sambal wings, to name a few.
- LYFE Kitchen, an acronym for “Love Your Food Everyday,” showcases a menu developed by acclaimed chefs Art Smith, Tal Ronnen and Jeremy Bringardner. Slated to open in November, the health-conscious restaurant will feature chef‐inspired, delicious recipes and plant‐based proteins. All LYFE Kitchen dishes contain fewer than 600 calories and 1,000 milligrams of sodium, with most choices containing much less. Guests will enjoy signature dishes such as Art’s Unfried Chicken and Tal’s Ancient Grains Bowl which feature responsibly-sourced ingredients from local farms and sustainable whenever possible, and rely on herbs, spices, fruits and vegetables to deliver outstanding flavors. The diverse menu offers choices to meet guests’ personal food policies, including menus for guests who prefer or require gluten‐free choices, vegetarian or vegan options. LYFE Kitchen also creates unique beverages like its popular Kale‐Banana smoothie, inspired by LYFE Kitchen ambassador and pro‐football star Troy Palomalu, and features prominent wines and locally-produced craft beers.
- Pho Saigon Pearl, a fast-casual restaurant opening in November, will serve traditional Vietnamese favorites such as crispy eggrolls, pho noodle soup (try it with Filet Mignon beef), as well as a popular rice dish called com bo luc lac, or shaken Filet Mignon beef with rice.
Other notable and newly built restaurants include:
- Brio Tuscan Grille, a polished casual restaurant serving authentic, northern Italian cuisine, opens its first Orange County location this fall. The menu features premium quality steaks, chops seafood and made-to-order pastas, similar to what one would find in an authentic ristorante in Tuscany. BRIO will be 7,500 square-feet, with an additional 3,700 square-feet in outdoor patio space for al fresco dining.
- Del Frisco’s Grille, an award-winning restaurant known for its creative twists on American comfort classics, opens this fall at Irvine Spectrum Center. With a modern American bar perfect for gathering around for a local beer and oven-baked flatbread or bottle of wine with a great steak, Del Frisco’s may very well become your new afterwork hangout. Del Frisco’s Grille will be 8,000-square-feet with a private dining room and 1,000 square-foot patio.
Additionally, two other stores will open at Irvine Spectrum Center:
- Opening in April, Motherhood Maternity offers a complete selection of the latest fashions perfect for moms-to-be and at prices that won’t break the bank. From sexy and sophisticated to bold and beautiful, Motherhood Maternity will keep moms-to-be stylish and comfortable.
- Fast-fashion boutique Stella Laguna Beach brings its affordable and stylish apparel and accessories to Irvine Spectrum Center this summer.