Two of America’s top designers, Rachel Roy and David Meister, will present fall runway shows at Orange County’s top fashion event, Style Week Orange County®. Both designers will stage their shows at Fashion Island during Style Week Orange County, which returns Friday, Sept. 30 through Saturday, Oct. 8 to Irvine Spectrum Center® and for the first time, Fashion Island® in Newport Beach. Throughout the event, thousands of style-savvy visitors are expected to attend dozens of runway shows, fashion festivities, cooking demonstrations and in-store events at both centers throughout the week.
Fashion Island will host a fashion presentation by Rachel Roy on Oct. 6 at 1 p.m. in the Neiman Marcus-Bloomingdale’s Courtyard, followed by a meet and greet at Neiman Marcus.
Roy will showcase her Fall 2011 collection on the runway, which is highlighted by an emphasis on layering, prints and texture in pieces that transition from day to night. Fans can expect to see a chic modern take on classic silhouettes which has become synonymous with Roy’s collection.
A California native, Roy is known for her feminine and sophisticated pieces that allow women to embrace fashion with an effortless elegance and confidence. First Lady Michelle Obama and actresses Halle Berry, Kate Hudson, Gwyneth Paltrow are among those who have worn her designs. In one of the fashion industries highest honors, she was inducted into the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) in 2007 and touted by Oprah Winfrey as “the next big name in fashion.”
Fashion Island will also host a runway show by David Meister on Oct. 5 at 1 p.m. in the Neiman-Marcus Bloomingdale’s Courtyard, followed by a meet and greet at Bloomingdale’s. A Los Angeles resident, Meister is known for his sophisticated and body conscious lines of modern day dresses, cocktail dresses, and gowns which are carried in the nation’s top luxury department stores.
Some of the most recognized women in Hollywood have worn gowns by Meister on the red carpet, including Diane Lane, Katherine Heigl, Tina Fey, Fergie, Queen Latifah, Drew Barrymore, Sharon Stone and others. Meister is a long-standing member of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) and has appeared on numerous news and entertainment shows with his fashion expertise.
“With Style Week Orange County’s debut at Fashion Island this year, we are thrilled to present two of America’s most respected designers, Rachel Roy and David Meister,” said Laura Davis, Senior Marketing Director of Fashion Island and Irvine Spectrum Center. “As Style Week celebrates its fourth year, this is another example of how the event is evolving to showcase both new, local talent and world renowned designers for our fashionable guests.”
Style Week Orange County events confirmed to date include:
* Rack Rave: Fri., Sept. 30, 7 to 9 p.m. at Irvine Spectrum Center — Celebrity designer, Project Runway alumni and red carpet commentator Nick Verreos will emcee Rack Rave, a fun fashion carnival in Giant Wheel Court featuring informal modeling, interactive events, giveaways, shopping incentives, entertainment by a DJ and sweet treats.
* Young World Fashion Show by Bloomingdale’s: Sat., Oct. 1, 1 p.m. at Fashion Island – Bloomingdale’s will show the best of back to school style for your young fashionista, including Burberry, Polo Ralph Lauren, Ella Moss, Splendid, Aqua and more.
* Fashion Show on Sat., Oct. 1, 3 p.m. at Fashion Island – Details to be announced soon.
* David Meister Fashion Show: Wed., Oct. 5, 1 p.m. at Fashion Island – Celebrity favorite David Meister will present his sophisticated gowns and fall dresses for day and night in a fashion show in the Neiman Marcus-Bloomingdale’s Courtyard, followed by a meet and greet at Bloomingdale’s.
* Rachel Roy Fashion Show: Thurs., Oct. 6, 1 p.m. at Fashion Island – Another celebrity favorite, Rachel Roy will present her fall collection in the Neiman Marcus-Bloomingdale’s Courtyard, followed by a meet and greet at Neiman Marcus.
* Restaurant Rave: Thurs., Oct. 6, 7 to 9 p.m. at Irvine Spectrum Center – Celebrity chef and radio host Jamie Gwen will showcase the latest dining trends with cooking demonstrations and food sampling from Irvine Spectrum Center restaurants, including a sneak peek at new eateries CUCINA Enoteca, Paul Martin’s American Bistro, Capital Seafood and Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill.
* OC Surf Sport Showcase: Fri., Oct. 7, 7 p.m. at Irvine Spectrum Center – Giant Wheel Court will come alive with fall’s hottest trends from Orange County’s surf and action apparel brands, hosted by Nick Verreos.
* Cadillac: Contemporary Design: Fri., Oct. 7, 8 p.m. at Irvine Spectrum Center – Four upcoming designers will compete on the runway with original creations based on Cadillac car designs. At the end of the evening, Verreos will announce the winner.
* Spectrum Collection: Fri., Oct. 7, 8:15 p.m. at Irvine Spectrum Center – Verreos will also host this runway show, featuring top fall looks from Nordstrom, Macy’s, Max Studio and other Irvine Spectrum Center stores.
* Finale Fashion Show on Sat., Oct. 8 at Fashion Island – Details to be announced soon.
Throughout the week, shoppers will enjoy numerous in-store events and shopping incentives at both Fashion Island and Irvine Spectrum Center.
“Style Week Orange County has become the area’s must-attend style event,” said Davis. “Orange County, as well as Fashion Island and Irvine Spectrum Center, are proven trend setters and this year, we’re excited to expand the event to Fashion Island, and add the dining element at Irvine Spectrum Center with Restaurant Rave. Dining helps define Orange County and our savvy customers want to keep up with the latest in both fashion and food trends.”
The fourth annual Style Week Orange County continues the tradition that Irvine Spectrum Center created, showcasing emerging designers and notable style makers and fashion brands from Orange County. Past events have featured appearances by celebrity designer Lauren Conrad, Olympic medalist Gretchen Blieler, Adam Saaks of Ed Hardy, and red carpet gown designer and celebrity favorite Oday Shakar.
For more information on Style Week Orange County and a complete list of events as they are announced, please visit www.StyleWeekOC.com, or follow http://twitter.com/FashionIsland and http://twitter.com/IrvineSpectrum.
As Orange County’s premier coastal shopping and dining experience, Fashion Island features specialty boutiques, world-class department stores and a wide assortment of restaurants and cafes. Visited by more than 13 million people annually, Fashion Island offers a sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere that is distinctively Southern California. Fashion Island is home to Orange County’s only Neiman Marcus, as well as Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Bloomingdale’s Home Store and Macy’s. For more information, please visit www.ShopFashionIsland.com.
Irvine Spectrum Center draws more than 15 million visitors annually to Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21, Nordstrom, Macy’s, Target, H&M and more than 130 other specialty stores, restaurants and entertainment venues. For more information, please visit www.ShopIrvineSpectrumCenter.com.