For the second consecutive year, Pelican Hill Resort® garnered top ratings with the 2011 AAA Five Diamond Award for the Resort and 2011 Forbes Five-Star Award for The Spa at Pelican Hill, two of the highest travel ratings achievable in the United States.
“For the nearly 1,000 passionate, dedicated and talented hospitality professionals at Pelican Hill Resort, it’s a tremendous honor to have consistently earned such prestigious recognition from the beginning, when our doors opened just two short years ago,” said Pelican Hill Resort Managing Director Giuseppe Lama. “Our AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five Star Awards are a true testament to our collective commitment to the possibility of perfection, when it comes to delivering personalized service and unprecedented experiences to our guests time and time again.”
As North America’s premier hotel and restaurant rating system, the AAA Diamond Awards ratings vary for hotels and restaurants to fit the range of accommodation and dining experiences AAA member travelers require. AAA’s professional evaluators assign each AAA Approved hotel and restaurant a rating of one to five AAA Diamonds, indicating the level of complexity in service, décor, and amenities – from simple to luxurious.
Forbes Travel Guide’s (formerly Mobil Travel Guide) Star Awards ratings process is based on more than 750 standardized criteria for hotels, restaurants and spas worldwide, making it the most rigorous and comprehensive in the industry. The process begins with a facility inspection that considers every aspect of the property, including its overall cleanliness, condition and location. To achieve Forbes Travel Guide Four and Five Star status, properties must meet or exceed the bar-setting service standards, which are determined through an unannounced, undercover service evaluation conducted by Forbes Travel Guide’s expert inspectors.
Since opening nearly two years ago, on November 26, 2008, Pelican Hill Resort has earned numerous accolades, including:
• AAA Five Diamond, Resort, 2011 & 2010
• Condè Nast Traveler, "Top 100 Best in the World" & "Top 100 U.S. Mainland Resorts," 2010
• Travel + Leisure, "America’s Best Coastal Hotels" & "World’s Best Hotels for Families," 2010
• Andrew Harper’s Readers Choice Awards 2009, "Top 10 Golf Resorts" & "Top 20 Family Resorts"
• The Orange County Register’s Best of OC 2010, "Best Place to Get Married" in Orange County & "Best Golf Course/Driving Ranges" in Orange County
• Condè Nast Traveler, "Hot List: 2009,” Resort
• Travel + Leisure, "It List" 2009, Resort
• Robb Report, "Best of the Best" 2009, Resort
• Elite Traveler, “101 Top Hotel Suites,” Villas
• "Best of OC Weekly" 14th Annual Awards, Golf, Villa & Andrea, 2009
• Forbes Five Star Award, 2011 & 2010
• Spa Magazine, Silver Sage Reader’s Choice Awards, "Favorite New Spa"
• Celebrated Living “Platinum Spas” Editor’s Mention, 2010
• Condè Nast Traveler "Hot List: 2009”
• "Best New Resort Spa" in Vital Juice’s Skinny Book 2010 Los Angeles Edition
• Golfweek "Best Resort Courses" 2011
• Golf Magazine "Premier Resorts 2010" Readers Choice, Silver Medal
• Golf Digest “The World’s Greatest Golf 2009/2010,” Ocean South
• Golf Digest Green Star Environmental Award Finalist, Resort
• GolfWorld 2009-2010 Reader’s Choice Awards, "Top 50 Resorts"
• Golfweek "Best Courses You Can Play” 2010 & 2009, Ocean South & Ocean North
• Golf Odyssey newsletter’s "Best New Resort" in “Best Golf Vacations Destinations 2009/2010”
• Andrew Harper’s Readers’ Choice Awards 2009, "Top Golf Resorts"
• OpenTable 2010 Diners’ Choice Awards, "Top 50 U.S. Restaurants for Best Italian Cuisine," Andrea & "Top 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in the U.S.," Andrea
• Forbes Four-Star, Andrea
• Riviera, "Best New Restaurant, Luxury," Andrea
• Gayot.com, “Top 10 Restaurant Views in Orange County,” Coliseum Pool & Grill
About Pelican Hill Resort®
Set on 504 acres by the Pacific Ocean in Newport Beach, Pelican Hill features: 128 two-, three- and four-bedroom villas with magnificent coastal views and an unparalleled array of appointments, immersing guests in the absolute finest of everything; 204 luxuriously appointed bungalow suites with ocean-view terraces; a rejuvenating spa with a menu of the world’s most celebrated therapies; world-class restaurants including Andrea serving authentic Northern Italian cuisine; an iconic “Coliseum Pool,” the largest circular pool anywhere with tiered decks and luxurious cabanas; and Pelican Hill Golf Club with 36 dramatic holes by Tom Fazio, nearly all with ocean panoramas.
The Irvine Company Resort Properties owns and manages the finest resort and leisure destinations in Newport Coast and the City of Irvine. In addition to Pelican Hill, the portfolio includes the Island Hotel Newport Beach, the city’s landmark property and only AAA Five Diamond hotel; Hyatt Regency Irvine, the city’s only Four Diamond hotel; Oak Creek Golf Club in Irvine, featuring a challenging, Tom Fazio-designed public golf course; and several of the finest marinas in Newport Harbor and Northern California.
About the Irvine Company
The Irvine Company is an internationally renowned real estate development company known for its award-winning master-planned communities, its vast portfolio of high-quality investment properties and its leadership in conservation and natural resource management. The growing real estate portfolio encompasses office, apartment, retail and resort holdings located throughout California’s premier markets, including assets in San Diego, Orange and Los Angeles Counties, and holdings in Northern California. As a steward of some of America’s most beautiful and scientifically important open space and parklands, the company has donated more than half of the historic 93,000-acre Irvine Ranch in Orange County — 50,000 acres — to permanently preserve these lands. The U.S. Department of Interior and the State of California have designated these parklands as “Natural Landmarks,” one of the most prestigious land preservation designations. The privately held, diversified company traces its roots to the 1860s with the formation of The Irvine Ranch® from Mexican and Spanish land grants.