Six new dining establishments are set to arrive to the shopping center, including Pieology, Veggie Grill, Class 302, Mizu Sushi Bar & Grill, Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop and Islands Restaurant
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif., Feb. 12, 2014 – The Market Place is adding several new restaurants and a dessert shop to its diverse lineup of dining, shopping and entertainment choices.
“These new restaurants are a great mix of tried-and-true favorites along with exciting new concepts we’re proud to bring to the communities of Tustin and Irvine,” said Stacie Ellis, senior director of marketing for Irvine Company Retail Properties. “Along with the tremendously successful openings of Bonefish Grill and G Burger last year, these new openings only further bolster The Market Place as a worthwhile go-to shopping and dining destination with something for everyone.”
- Pieology, an innovative, create-your-own pizza concept, will open its third Orange County location at The Market Place in April 2014, following its South O.C. debut at Irvine Spectrum Center. Pieology is unique in that customers can create their own 12” pizzas with unlimited fresh toppings for only $7.50. The pizzas are baked to order in the energy efficient pizza oven and are ready to eat in less than five minutes. There is also a menu of traditional pizzas for those who prefer to not custom order and extra toppings can be added at no extra charge. Pieology also serves fresh-tossed salads and desserts including cinnamon-dusted pizza crust strips.
- Veggie Grill, the West Coast fast-casual restaurant committed to revolutionizing vegetarian food, is opening its 26th location in April 2014. The menu offers a full range of soups, salads, burgers, hot sandwiches, home-style plates, and desserts – all made fresh to order. Everything on the menu is plant-based and free of animal fat, dairy, eggs, cholesterol, hormones, trans fat, and high-fructose corn syrup. Redefining American comfort food, the Grillin’ Chickin’ sandwich, is layered with flavor from creamy avocado, zesty cilantro pesto and chipotle ranch. Paired with the Sweetheart Fries, named “Best Fries in Orange County” by Orange County Register, this combination makes for a balanced and filling meal.
- Class 302, the popular Taiwanese snack shop specializing in shaved snow desserts, will open its doors May 2014. The fluffy frozen treat is a favorite among foodies with a sweet tooth, with flavors such as mango shaved snow topped with fresh mango chunks and drizzled with sweetened condensed milk or the green tea shaved snow with sweet red beans and chewy mochi balls. Also find savory Taiwanese snacks and dishes such as popcorn chicken, sizzling platters of peppercorn beef and spicy beef noodle soup.
- Mizu Sushi Bar & Grill, an Asian fusion restaurant serving a melding of Japanese and Korean flavors, opens its second Orange County restaurant in May. The Market Place location will feature a 6,200 square-foot dining area with a 600-square-foot patio. Guests can look forward to favorite Asian fare such as sushi, sashimi, udon, Korean BBQ and more, in addition to signature cocktails, sake, domestic and imported beers and wines.
- Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop, an award-winning sandwich shop that remains true to its 37-year tradition of slow-roasting premium meats in-house every night, opened in January. Its signature sub, The Bobbie, voted “Greatest Sandwich in America” by thousands of AOL readers, is crafted with in-house roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, homemade stuffing and touch of mayo on a baked roll. The new location will also offer catering services and vegetarian options such as the Veggie Cole Turkey which features veggie turkey, provolone cheese, Russian dressing, cole slaw and mayo. Capriotti’s fresh ingredients, homemade subs and unique menu items have won numerous accolades including being named one of the “10 Great Places for a Surprising Sandwich” by USA Today and is a recent winner of “Best of” awards in Delaware, Las Vegas, Dallas, Quad Cities, Eastern Shore and San Diego.
- Islands Restaurant, the popular beach-inspired burger chain, adds to its more than 50 restaurants throughout Southern California and Arizona when it opens its newest outpost at The Market Place in February 2014. Offering island-style burgers and fries, along with tacos and sandwiches, this Southern California favorite adheres to the basic philosophy that fresh food, friendly service and a laid back atmosphere is the perfect end to any day.
The latest restaurant arrivals follow the recent openings of Bonefish Grill, an award-winning seafood restaurant; G Burger, with gourmet burgers beloved by locals and food critics alike and See’s Candies, which debuted the country’s largest See’s Candies shop at The Market Place.
About The Market Place
One of Southern California’s most popular shopping centers, The Market Place is a 165-acre regional lifestyle shopping center known for offering the best-in-class in a variety of retail categories, including electronics, home furnishings and décor, sporting goods and more. Conveniently located off the Santa Ana (5) Freeway, the center straddles the cities of Irvine and Tustin. The Market Place features more than 120 stores and notable restaurants.
Owned by Irvine Company, The Market Place is home to Orange County’s only REI, along with Best Buy, Target, Party City, TJ Maxx, Taco Rosa, Bonefish Grill and G Burger. Information: www.ShopTheMarketPlace.com.