Join Irvine Company Apartment Communities’ Service Technician Team
Irvine Company Apartment Communities (ICAC) is one of the nation’s largest and most admired owners and operators of high-quality apartment communities.
With over 50,000 apartment homes throughout 129 properties, ICAC’s portfolio includes 16 communities throughout San Diego County; 97 properties in Orange County, with a majority situated in the highly popular central Orange County cities of Newport Beach, Irvine and Tustin Ranch. ICAC has one ultra luxury ocean-front property in Santa Monica, and 15 communities situated in prime locations throughout Silicon Valley.
With world-class amenities, resort-like surroundings and an unparalleled commitment to customer service, Irvine Company Apartment Communities has redefined the rental-living experience, reflected in the ICAC motto: “Love Where You Live®.”
Service Technician Position Summary:
Works with on-site team and outside contractors within the apartment community in a manner that ensures the preservation of optimum quality and efficient production. Promotes positive work relationships with ICAC employees.
Develops and maintains a high level of skill in all phases of general maintenance. May perform general maintenance including plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, hazardous material abatement, apartment turn-over, and appliance repairs in accordance with company standards, and in conjunction with management staff.
- Performs work using safe work practices. Ensures completion of safety training and actively investigate and mitigate risks.
- Maintains high occupancy levels through support of and participation in maintenance activities and effective motivation of assigned team.
- Contributes to the achievement of customer service goals by effectively performing or directing maintenance efforts, which also promotes a quality living experience for residents.
- Contributes to the achievement of financial goals through input and assistance in the administration of capital and operating maintenance budgets.
- Coordinates maintenance of the community with appropriate support to maintain ICAC standards.
- Responsible for inventory of parts and appliances; responsible for general maintenance and orderliness of facilities.
- Directs the daily repair and renovation of apartments by the technicians and vendors, and aids in the achievement of high quality standards.
- Promotes positive, proactive resident relations by demonstrating a firm, fair and consistent manner in all resident contacts.
- May provide new home tours to new residents.
- Remains informed and aware of exterior conditions that could have an impact to maintain a quality living environment for our residents (preventative maintenance).
- Responsible for after hours and emergency on-call coverage.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year prior property maintenance experience is preferred.
- Property maintenance skills including basic knowledge of tools, sales and customer service are required. Candidate must be computer literate with attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Must have the ability and confidence to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and management.
What Sets Us Apart
- Impeccable design, thoughtful attention to detail, and continuous reinvestment means the highest level of value and vitality to the greater community
- Renown for luxurious, resort-style amenities and exquisite landscaping
- Residents enjoy access to outstanding schools, shopping centers, job centers, and outdoor activities
- Nationally acclaimed customer service
- Choices to fit every lifestyle and budget, from value-oriented to ultra-luxury
The Irvine Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.