Join our Service Technician Team
The Service Technician performs general maintenance including plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, hazardous material abatement, apartment turn-over, and appliance repairs in accordance with company standards, and in conjunction with management staff. Positively works with on-site team and outside contractors within the apartment community in a manner that ensures the preservation of optimum quality and efficient production.
- Performs work using safe work practices. Ensures completion of safety training and actively investigate and mitigate risks.
- Responsible for inventory of parts and appliances; responsible for general maintenance and orderliness of facilities to maintain apartment community standards.
- Remains informed and aware of exterior conditions that could have an impact to maintain a quality living environment for our residents (preventative maintenance).
- Responsible for after hours and emergency on-call coverage.
- 1 year prior property maintenance experience with open availability including weekends.
- Property maintenance skills including basic knowledge of tools, sales and customer service are required. Candidate must be computer literate with attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record required
Irvine Company Apartment Communities (a division of Irvine Company) offers a portfolio of more than 125 resort-style apartment communities in coastal California’s most desirable locations: San Diego, Orange County, West Los Angeles and Silicon Valley.
With world-class amenities, resort-like surroundings and an unparalleled commitment to customer service, Irvine Company Apartment Communities redefines the rental-living experience.
We take as much pride in our employee community as we do the communities we create. It’s an environment populated with talented and experienced people, a collaborative spirit and abundant opportunities.
The Irvine Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.