IRVINE, Calif. (February 11, 2016) – Puesto, San Diego’s taco hot spot serving moden Mexican cuisine, will open its first Orange County location at Los Olivos Marketplace in Irvine this summer, further expanding the dining options at the specialty center for the greater Irvine Spectrum area.
Run by Tacoteurs Eric and Alan Adler alongside their cousin Isidoro Lombrozo, Puesto is known for its Mexico City-style tacos made with crispy melted cheese, house-made tortillas and from-scratch salsas courtesy of Partner/Executive Chef Luisteen Gonzalez. Using locally sourced ingredients, unique dishes and vibrant interior design, Puesto provides a fresh, contemporary and approachable take on authentic Mexican cuisine.
“We’re excited to announce Puesto’s first Orange County location which adds to the growing lineup of merchants, eateries and services at Los Olivos Marketplace,” said Easther Liu, chief marketing officer for Irvine Company Retail Properties. “The collection of casual dining, retail shops and services will give Irvine Spectrum residents, employees and visitors a new local destination to meet their daily shopping and dining needs.”
Five additional new tenants will also be coming soon to the 120,000-square-foot specialty center:
- Burnt Crumbs: The culinary visionaries behind The Burnt Truck and Burntzilla, a marriage of The Burnt Truck and Dogzilla, have now created Burnt Crumbs, a gourmet sandwich shop. Pulling from the traditional deli, the eatery will offer housemade slow-roasted and braised meats, brined and pickled vegetables and fruits, hand-cut sides and fresh condiments with warm, artisanal bread. This will be Burnt Crumbs’ second Orange County location.
- CUPS Frozen Yogurt: This beach-themed self-serve froyo concept, allows guests to build their own dessert by choosing from 24 frozen yogurt flavors and more than 50 different toppings and sauces.
- Phans55: Serving Vietnamese comfort food, Phans55 brings fresh and innovative flavors to traditional dishes such as spring rolls, pho noodle soup and grilled, steamed, or wokked plates with chicken, beef, seafood, tofu or vegetables. This will be Phans55’s third location.
- Polished Perfect by Twila True: This nail studio provides an elevated customer experience by raising the standard of service through its comfortable elegant environment, high sanitation standards, and continuous education of nail stylists and artists. With an approach far more personal and all-inclusive than existing nail studios, Polished Perfect is an escape into an atmosphere of style and indulgence. This will be Polished Perfect’s third location.
- SwimSpot: This quick, easy and fun destination for the modern sun lover provides a one-stop shop for swimwear, resort wear, and activewear; everything you need for your perfect getaway. Featuring designer swimwear by Athena, Ella Moss, Hurley, LUXE By Lisa Vogel, Nautica, Oakley, NEXT by Athena, Reef, Basta, Splendid and Spiritual Gangster, SwimSpot Fit Specialists are happy to get you into something you’ll love. Designer swimwear. Better suited.
The latest additions will join the center’s anchor tenant, Whole Foods Market, along with Angelina’s Pizzeria Napoletana, Blue Eyed Girl, Burger Lounge, Chase Bank, Hoag Medical Group, Newport Colony, Panini Café, Rite Aid, Radiant Hot Yoga, Starbucks and Wells Fargo Bank – many of which will open in March 2016.
About Irvine Company Retail Properties
With three distinguished shopping centers including Fashion Island, Irvine Spectrum Center and The Market Place, Irvine Company Retail Properties also includes 38 neighborhood and community centers with a diverse mix of stores and restaurants. Irvine Company Retail Properties has recently welcomed several exclusive retailers to its portfolio, including Hopdoddy Burger Bar, American Tea Room, Sushi Roku, TAPS Fish House & Brewery, Mendocino Farms, Nespresso, Urban Decay, Nike Women’s and more. For more information, please visit ShopIrvineCompany.com.