Irvine Company traces its early roots to the 1860’s with the initial formation of the Irvine Ranch, totaling 120,000 acres. Today, Irvine Company is a private real estate investment company governed by an independent Board of Directors.
Irvine Company is respected for its master planning and environmental stewardship of the Irvine Ranch in Orange County, including diversified operations throughout coastal California. Irvine Company brings to life neighborhoods and sustainable communities with a full range of housing, jobs, retail centers, schools, parks and open space.
During the last 40 years, under Donald Bren’s leadership and vision, the Irvine Company has professionally planned and master built the all-new City of Irvine and the Newport Coast, creating one of America’s most desirable regions. The City of Irvine currently has a population of 270,000 growing to an estimated 325,000 people over the next 10 years, with an equal number of employment positions.
Irvine Company is committed to long-term ownership and operations of a high-quality real estate portfolio, the breadth of which is unmatched in the industry. With each property positioned at the top of its class, the company’s holdings include more than 550 office buildings, 125 apartment communities, 40 retail centers, one coastal resort, two hotels, three golf courses, and five marinas.
The company’s investment property portfolio is largely located in Orange County, with about thirty-five percent of the portfolio located in Silicon Valley, San Diego, West Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City.
As an environmental planner, Irvine Company has a long and successful history of land preservation. Irvine Company established one of California’s largest nature preserves by permanently dedicating more than half of the Irvine Ranch – 57,500 acres – to open space and parklands. It is the only land in California to receive both the California State and United States National Natural Landmark designation.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Irvine Company is Donald Bren.