ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. (January 2016) — The Market Place is set to welcome seven new specialty dining, juicing and dessert establishments to its ever-expanding lineup of shopping, dining and entertainment choices at the center in 2016.
“The dining collection at The Market Place continues to evolve and grow,” said Easther Liu, chief marketing officer for Irvine Company Retail Properties. “Whether it’s for an after-work meal, go-to breakfast spot, or a quick dessert run with friends and family, you’ll find it at The Market Place.”
- FROZEN Decadent Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream is a cutting-edge premium ice creamery using fresh, all-natural ingredients sourced from local farms and dairies. The ice cream is made-to-order using liquid nitrogen, in less than 3 minutes, offering indulgent custom and signature flavors, add-ins and toppings. Signature flavors include Blackberry Goat Cheese, Orange Blossom Blueberry, Avocado Chocolate Coconut and Meyer Lemon Thyme Sorbet. FROZEN will open in February 2016 on the Irvine side of the center.
- Texas de Brazil is an authentic Brazilian-American “churrascaria” or steakhouse that combines the cuisine of Southern Brazil with the spirit of Texas. The menu features a variety of all-you-can-eat meats, including Brazilian sausage and seasoned beef, pork and chicken, as well as an expansive salad bar with 50 to 60 seasonal items, including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups and salads. Texas de Brazil is slated to open on the Irvine side of The Market Place in April 2016.
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar, the fresh burger and beer eatery from Austin, TX, is slated to open on the Irvine side of The Market Place in May 2016. Hailed as one of the “The Best Burgers in America” by Food & Wine, Hopdoddy is committed to using the freshest, all-natural ingredients available and grinds hormone-free, antibiotic-free Black Angus beef in-house. The popular burger spot also recently opened at Fashion Island in Newport Beach.
- Snooze, an A.M. Eatery, evolves the breakfast dining experience through culinary innovation, along with an eclectic and energetic atmosphere and comfortable and friendly service. Opening in spring 2016 on the Tustin side of the center near REI, Snooze’s menu features an array of simple yet decadent breakfast offerings, including Chilaquiles Benedict, Blueberry Danish Pancakes, Quinoa Porridge, Green Eggs ‘n Hamwich and Breakfast Pot Pie. Find breakfast libations by way of coffee cocktails, including a Mayan Mocha with chili infused Espolón Tequila, espresso and other grown-up liquid treats such as the Boss Hog, bacon-infused Cyrus Noble Bourbon and a house Bloody Mary mix.
- Nekter Juice Bar, a local favorite for cold-pressed juices, smoothies and acai bowls, will bring its healthy options to The Market Place in June 2016. The Southern California-based company has been at the forefront of the juicing craze with an appealing variety of natural and refreshing menu items. Nekter Juice Bar will be located on the Tustin side of the center.
- California Fish Grill brings fresh seafood from around the world, prepared just the way you want. Grilled, charbroiled or fried, offered as a taco, wrap or plate, its menu of seafood offerings, including scallops, salmon, catfish and ahi, will satisfy anyone’s palate. California Fish Grill will open on the Irvine side of the center in July 2016.
- Luna Grill, the health-conscious and great-tasting Mediterranean fast-casual restaurant, will also join the expansive list of dining tenants coming soon to The Market Place. From juicy and tender kabobs served with fluffy Basmati rice and grilled tomato, to tasty gyros and falafel wraps, Luna Grill serves items cooked to order guaranteeing that your meal will be fresh, flavorful and healthy. Luna Grill is scheduled to open in summer 2016 on the Irvine side of the center.
The latest restaurant arrivals at The Market Place follow the recent opening announcements of THE MELT (now open), Wokcano (February 2016), as well as the opening of Urban Plates and a Starbucks drive-thru for spring 2016.
About The Market Place
One of Southern California’s most popular shopping centers, The Market Place is a 165-acre regional lifestyle shopping center known for offering the best-in-class in a variety of retail categories, including electronics, home furnishings and décor, sporting goods and more. Conveniently located off the Santa Ana (5) Freeway, the center straddles the cities of Irvine and Tustin. The Market Place features more than 120 stores and notable restaurants, including Best Buy, Target, Orange County’s largest REI, the country’s largest See’s Candies, TAPS Fish Market & Brewery, Taco Rosa, G Burger, Bonefish Grill, Veggie Grill and Mizu Sushi Bar & Grill. For more information, please visit ShopTheMarketPlace.com.