Growing roster of tenants at Santa Clara Square Marketplace
National and local specialty retail, dining and fitness boutique are among newest tenants at shopping center scheduled to open in late 2016
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (May 10, 2016) — Santa Clara Square Marketplace is adding seven new shopping, dining and boutique fitness choices to the approximately 125,000-square-foot specialty shopping center. These new tenants will join the flagship Whole Foods Market store, scheduled to open in summer 2016.
“We’re proud to announce the newest merchants coming to Santa Clara Square Marketplace,” said Dave Moore, president of Irvine Company Retail Properties. “The collection of these seven retail shops will make Santa Clara Square Marketplace a great destination.”
The newest additions to the center’s directory include:
- Sur La Table, the retail destination for those with a passion for cooking and a love for food is opening its first Santa Clara location at the center in August 2016. Founded in 1972, the shop provides an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table with helpful, knowledgeable employees who love cooking too. From the do-it-all stand mixer to handcrafted Japanese cutlery, Sur La Table provides all generations of cooks with tools, tips and inspiration.
- Specialty’s Café & Bakery started in the founders’ garage in 1987 and now operates 60 restaurants in California, Washington and Illinois. Specialty’s combines the best of old world baking techniques with the convenience of online ordering at specialty’s.com. Specialty’s serves as a local customer favorite-as well as a preferred corporate caterer for companies from start-ups to the Fortune 500.
- Opa! prides itself on providing fresh, homemade, authentic Greek cuisine all can afford and enjoy in the Bay Area. Open for lunch and dinner, all meals are prepared daily in the homemade traditions spirits of the owners’ Greek families.
- CorePower Yoga roots an intensely physical workout in the mindfulness of yoga, helping students to change their bodies as well as their lives. Each CorePower Yoga class is designed to work every muscle and every emotion, creating a unique all-inclusive fitness experience. Offerings range from restorative classes to physically demanding, muscle-sculpting classes. Designed with green building practices in mind, using recycled products and sustainable materials, the studio will mirror other current studios by employing the latest technology to efficiently heat the practice rooms.
- Books Inc. is the oldest independent bookseller on the West Coast, dating back to the Gold Rush Days of 1851 when Anton Roman struck it rich in Shasta City, Calif. and set himself up in business selling books. That small bookstore has been moved, bought, sold, burned, rebuilt, renamed and became in 1964 Books Inc., as we know it today. The external focus of Books Inc. always has been customer service. The internal objective is to train the next generation of booksellers. Today, with 11 stores and around 200 employees, Books Inc. serves as a shining example that independent bookselling can survive and prosper.
- Lula’s Chocolates has become the premium gift chocolate on the Monterey Peninsula and beyond. Only the finest and freshest ingredients are used in the recipes that confectioner Lula Lund handed down to her grandson, Scott. Try the amazing sea-salt caramels, truffles, nut clusters, butter cremes, and toffees. The Santa Clara Square Marketplace marks Lula’s first retail store in Santa Clara. The store is scheduled to open in late June 2016.
- COMEBUY Drinks will bring a vast selection of premium made-to-order teas to its first Santa Clara location in July 2016. With over 200-plus stores worldwide, COMEBUY serves teas from around the world, including Darjeeling tea from India, Uva black tea from Sri Lanka, and Taiwan’s Jinxuan, high mountain Oolong and Yunnan, China’s Puer tea. Each tea engages the five senses so consumers may see the beauty of the tealeaves, smell the fragrance, touch the quality and of course, taste the flavor. Enjoy the tea by itself or with fun toppings such as bubbles (boba), sweet noodle, jellies, flan and more. Menu favorites include Lychee Delight, Taro Milk Tea, Uva Black Tea with Organic Milk and Taiwan Roasted Oolong Green Tea.
Sur La Table will be located at 2712 Augustine Drive, Suite 130.
Specialty’s Café and Bakery will be located at 2702 Augustine Drive, Suite 110.
Opa! will be located at 2722 Augustine Drive, Suite 130.
CorePower Yoga will be located at 2712 Augustine Drive, Suite 210.
Books Inc. will be located at 2712 Augustine Drive, Suite 120.
Lula’s Chocolates will be located at 2712 Augustine Drive, Suite 140.
COMEBUY Drinks will be located at 2712 Augustine Drive, Suite 110.
Santa Clara Square is a 100-acre master-planned community that brings together residential, office and retail in a sustainable live, work, play community. When fully built out, this master-planned community will have up to 1,800 residential units, 1.8 million square feet of Class A office space and up to 165,000 square feet of specialty retail.
About Irvine Company Retail Properties
Irvine Company Retail Properties’ portfolio features a distinguished collection of 42 shopping centers, including three celebrated regional centers, Fashion Island, Irvine Spectrum Center and The Market Place, and a diverse mix of neighborhood and community centers. Irvine Company Retail Properties has recently welcomed several exclusive retailers to its unique collection of stores and restaurants, including Hopdoddy Burger Bar, Sushi Roku, TAPS Fish House & Brewery, Mendocino Farms, Nespresso, Nike Women’s, Urban Decay, Del Frisco’s Grille and more. For more information, please visit ShopIrvineCompany.com.
About Santa Clara Square
Santa Clara Square, a unique destination in the heart of the Silicon Valley, will embrace a truly urbanized live, work and play ethos and lifestyle. The 100-acre sustainable mixed-use community includes 1.8 million square feet of office space, specialty shopping, apartment homes and a vibrant Main Street. Owned by Irvine Company, Santa Clara Square is a new model for Silicon Valley living and will be home to Santa Clara’s first Whole Foods Market, in addition to other specialty and casual dining, shopping and service-oriented retailers. For more information, please visit SantaClaraSquare.com.