More than 300,000 square feet of space recently leased at Irvine Company’s three iconic Chicago towers
CHICAGO, Ill. (July 24, 2017) — Irvine Company Office Properties announced today that it has recently signed more than 20 leases totaling more than 300,000 square feet at One North Wacker, 300 North LaSalle and 71 South Wacker.
“We view our relationship with our customers as a partnership, offering unique experiences to help them recruit and retain top talent while having the breadth of real estate to cater to their needs as they innovate and grow,” said Beau Rawi, regional vice president. “As long-term owners who rarely sell, we enjoy lasting and rewarding relationships with our customers.”
Nationally renowned for owning and operating more than 500 premier office properties, Irvine Company’s “Chicago Collection” includes three of the seven trophy buildings that help define the downtown Chicago Class A+ skyline.
“Every morning when I step off the elevator on the 36th floor, I feel so happy, relaxed and excited to work in this building,” said Patricia Austin, Office Manager for NASDAQ’s Global Corporate Services, located in the Irvine Company’s recently upgraded One North Wacker tower. “The colors are so soothing and the elevator color pulls everything together. I feel like I’m stepping into a palace. I didn’t think things could get better, but you guys did it.”
The Irvine Company entered the Chicago market in 2010, when it acquired the 48-story, 1.5-million square foot 71 South Wacker Drive. The tower’s elegant elliptical design offers expansive views and houses prestigious customers in hospitality, legal, financial services and technology, including Milliman, Citizens Bank and the law firm of Mayer Brown LLP.
The 60-story, 300 North LaSalle, overlooking the Chicago River became part of the Chicago Collection in 2014. Its ideal setting provides access to the River North neighborhood, including the finest restaurants, shops and entertainment.
The Irvine Company recently added two of its signature amenities, The Commons and Kinetic, to the Chicago Collection. The Commons provides comfortable, WiFi enabled spaces for employees to work, meet, innovate or simply take a break; Kinetic is a fitness and wellness studio offering a state-of-the-art fitness center and workplace wellness programming.
The recent leases include:
At 1 North Wacker:
- Barnes & Thornburg, 98,000 square feet, expansion for the law firm
- Sedgwick, 17,000 square feet lease extension for the law firm
- Berkshire Hathaway, 14,500 square feet of new space
- Ankura Capital, 9,491 square feet of new space
- Castle Ark, 11,000 square feet, as part of an expansion for the investment manager
- Evercore, 8,000 square feet expansion for the investment bank
- Troutman Sanders, 7,500 square feet of new space at the building for the law firm
- Boyd Watterson, 6,700 square feet of new space
- Artisan, 6,500 square feet of new space
- Apptus, 5,000 square feet of new space for the B2B ecommerce software company
- Informatica, 5,000 square feet of new space for the data manager
- Periscope Equity, 3,000 square feet of new space for the private equity firm
- Spectrum, 2,900 square feet of new space for the rapidly growing sales software specialist
- Magnolia Capital, 2,500 square feet of new space for the real estate investor
- James Denny, extended its 2,500 square feet lease
At 300 North La Salle:
- Quarles & Brady, 100,000 square feet lease expansion and extension for the law firm
- McDonald Hopkins, 17,500 square feet of new space at the building for the law firm
- MoloLamken, 10,500 square feet, of new space for the law firm
- Brunswick Group, 5,000 square feet, new lease, for the corporate relations and advisory firm
- Hines, 3,500 square feet, renewal for the real estate investor and developer
- Boerboel, 3,000 square feet of “ReadyNow” space
- CRRC Sifang, 2,000 square feet in a renewal for the China-based producer of locomotives and rolling stock
At 71 South Wacker:
- Consolidated Trading LLC, 10,000 square feet of new space for the trading company
- Birch Lake, 4,900 square feet of new space
- Bucksbaum, 4,300 square feet lease extension for the real estate agency
- C.B. Derivatives LLC, 3,500 square feet relocating within the building for the brokerage services provider
- Epoch, 2,500 square feet of new space
About Irvine Company Office Properties
As a long-term owner who continuously reinvests, Irvine Company has evolved the traditional office to something much more: a vibrant workplace community. A place where collaboration is encouraged and creativity is enabled to elevate business success. The Company owns and manages 500 premier workplace communities in Orange County, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley and San Diego, as well as iconic trophy towers in Chicago and New York. Its timeless design and quality craftsmanship is consistent with its long-term view and pride of ownership.
About The Chicago Collection
As a long-term owner who continuously reinvests, Irvine Company owns and manages 4.2 million square feet of office space in three of Chicago’s most iconic buildings in the heart of downtown – One North Wacker, 300 N. LaSalle and 71 S. Wacker. The Chicago Collection builds on the belief that where you work should inspire what you do by offering workplaces that engage and meet the changing demands of Chicago’s dynamic workforce. The company offers premium workplace and lifestyle experiences that seamlessly integrate life and work.